Introducing The Resonate Recorder
Free Web-Based Recording Software
10.07.19 | Product Release | By: Troy Harvey
As podcasting continues to grow in its influence and build momentum, the need for developing reliable and professional recording solutions for content creators has never been higher. Unfortunately, there is a lot of lackluster around many of the solutions and resources that are being created for podcasters who want to make their audio shine through and sound professional. As the growing authority in podcast recording and production, the mission of Resonate Recordings is to make podcasting easy. And in alignment with that mission, the Resonate team is excited to announce an easier way to record your podcast by rolling out our free, in-browser recorder, the Resonate Recorder.
With this new in-browser recorder you can easily use a USB microphone and computer with internet access to start recording your podcast’s components from within the Resonate Recordings web app and then seamlessly upload your recorded content to the web app for post-production.
The Resonate Recorder is an ideal solution for recording your podcast’s intro, outro, credits, ads or monologue content simply and professionally. As always, we recommend you use this solution in combination with proper microphone technique and proper room treatment. The Resonate Recorder is still in beta, so we need your help to test it out and let us know what improvements need made. Try it out today and send us your feedback.
How to Use the Resonate Recorder
- Log into your account on the Resonate Web App. We recommend using an updated version of Google Chrome.
- Click “Record” in the top center of the navigation bar.
- Click the “Enable Microphone” pop up in your browser.
- We recommend using an external USB microphone. If you are using an external microphone, be sure that your browser is using the correct microphone. You can also use the built-in microphone in your computer.
- Record your content.
- Stop the recording and name your file.
- Click “Continue” to upload the file to the Resonate Web app and save it as a new episode.
- Fill out the episode description, upload any additional content for our team, and click “Submit.”
Learn More About the Resonate Recorder
Upcoming Resonate Recorder features:
- Unlimited recordings with cloud storage backup
- Automated uploading of recordings into your Resonate web app profile
- Remote interview recordings for guests with recording invitations
- Separate audio tracks for host and guest
- Recording for HD video and audio
- Built-in VoIP (as a quality alternative to Zoom or Google Hangouts)
- Simultaneous Backup – Each audio file accessible locally and on the cloud
- Globally distributed low latency media servers making any call around the world look and sound good
To fulfill our mission of making podcasting easy we are making quality solutions for podcasters who want to professionally record their audio. To continue being the leader in the industry our team is developing solutions that are easy and integrated with other solutions that will make your podcasting process simple, smooth and professional. Stay up to date with future developments and updates by signing up for our Podcast Pro Weekly Newsletter.
Resonate Recordings is a comprehensive podcast production company. Headquartered in Derby City–Louisville, Kentucky–we are committed to developing partnerships with our clients, not just performing transactions. Since 2014 it’s been our mission to make podcasting easy for businesses, brands, entrepreneurs, and individuals. We do this by providing support with podcast launch, podcast consulting, podcast editing, podcast production, and other creative podcasting services. If you have questions or are looking to start a podcast, our in-house team is available and ready to help! We would love to schedule a call with you and learn more about your podcast needs and answer any questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
By: Troy Harvey
Troy has over 15 years of experience in software engineering – leading teams, building web applications, and data pipelines. As a contractor, he built the first version of the Resonate App and as we grew he eventually decided to leave a Silicon Valley startup to join us full-time and build our dev team. Troy and his wife Abby live in Louisville, KY with their three children.